Tuesday, March 10, 2009

EURODISNEY

What can I say? Disneyland truly is the happiest place on earth. I had a smile from ear to ear all day (except for about 2 minutes when I was relegated to a small horse on the carousel because all the children beat me to the big ones!). Even cynical anti-disney Tim was won over by the charm of the place. What is most striking about Disney land is that its not just a trashy theme park with dodgy rides, but its this masterpiece of planning. There is so much attention to detail. the gardens are all beautifully sculpted. There is not a blank wall in the place. its not all tacky bright colours- Main street is like a beautiful New Orleans style street with Victorian tea houses and ice cream parlours, shops etc. Gorgeous.

Because we only had a day we didn't get to see everything properly but we made a pretty good effort.

hilarious occurance that I don't want to forget: when we were on Thunder Mountain roller coaster (which is fairly tame) there was this kid behind us who just screamed at the top of her lungs the whole time. even when we were travelling on zero incline or decline. At the very end of the ride she called out 'Get in there!' in this hilarious way- Tim and I pissed our pants laughing. probably had to be there but I still get the giggles thinking about it.

Best part of the day: about ten minutes before the park closed Mickey and Minnie appeared on the top of Sleeping Beauty's castle to say goodnight. The whole castle lit up with fairy lights and Tinkerbelle shot glitter out of the top turret. It was a magical glitter overload of excitement and given my fondness for glittery tackiness I was in ecstasy. I think Tim secretly enjoyed the silliness of it all too.

No comments: